ALPHARETTA, Ga., July 22, 2019 – Shares of Agilysys Inc. (NASDAQ: AGYS) showed the bearish trend with a lower momentum of -1.92% to $22.96. The company traded total volume of 55.888K shares as contrast to its average volume of 98.25K shares. The company has a market value of $545.07M and about 23.74M shares outstanding.
Agilysys, Inc. (AGYS) reported net loss of $(3.60)M, or $(0.16) per diluted share in the fiscal 2019 fourth quarter, contrast to a net loss of $(0.2)0M, or $(0.01) per diluted share, in the comparable prior-year period, which included an income tax benefit of $1.80M and a software development costs capitalization benefit of about $1.60M, which did not occur in the fiscal 2019 fourth quarter.
Summary of Fiscal 2019 Fourth Quarter Financial Results
- Total net revenue was a record $36.60M, contrast to total net revenue of $32.10M in the comparable prior-year period.
- Recurring revenues (which are comprised of support, maintenance and subscription services) were a record $19.40M, or 53% of total net revenue, contrast to $18.10M, or 56% of total net revenue, for the same period in fiscal 2018. Subscription revenues increased 23% year over year and comprised 34% of total recurring revenues, contrast to 30% of total recurring revenues in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018.
- Gross margin was 53.5% in the fiscal 2019 fourth quarter, contrast to 52.2% in the comparable prior-year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA (non-GAAP) was $2.40M contrast to $3.10M in the comparable prior-year period. As described below, because of a change in software development and deployment practices that went into effect in the fiscal 2019 second quarter, the fiscal 2019 fourth quarter did not have the benefit of capitalizing software development costs. In the fiscal 2018 fourth quarter, $1.60M of software development costs were capitalized. Assuming no software development costs were capitalized in the fiscal 2018 fourth quarter, Adjusted EBITDA in the fiscal 2019 fourth quarter of $2.40M would compare to $1.40M in the fiscal 2018 fourth quarter.
- Adjusted earnings from operations (“AOE”) (non-GAAP) in the fiscal 2019 fourth quarter was $0.70M, contrast to AOE of $0.60M in the fiscal 2018 fourth quarter (see reconciliation below). The fiscal 2019 fourth quarter period included about $0.90M in higher cash spent on capital items such as for expansion of the Company’s India Development Center and investments in its SaaS Development Operations IT Infrastructure contrast to the fiscal 2018 fourth quarter.
The Company offered net profit margin of -9.30% while its gross profit margin was 52.50%. ROE was recorded as -12.50% while beta factor was 0.30. The stock, as of recent close, has shown the weekly downbeat performance of -1.16% which was maintained at 60.11% in this year.