Catalyst Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CPRX) stock encountered a rapid change of 16.30% in the last hour of Friday’s trading session. The stock settled the final trade on $3.14. A biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for people with rare debilitating, chronic neuromuscular and neurological diseases, recently stated financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019.
Q1-19 Financial Results:
- Total net revenue in the first quarter 2019 was $12.4 million.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses for the first quarter of 2019 totaled $8.4 million as contrast to $2.7 million in the first quarter of 2018. The increase is mainly attributed to commercial launch expenses, as well as the patient services programs to support Firdapse.
- Research and development expenses for the first quarter of 2019 were $3.3 million in line with the first quarter of 2018.
- Ended March 31, 2019 with $50.6 million in cash and investments and no funded-debt.
- Stated a net loss of $645,000 or $(0.01) per basic and diluted share, contrast with a net loss of $5.7 million, or $(0.06) per basic and diluted share, for the first quarter of 2018.
Analysts consider this stock active, since it switched over with 7,892,684 shares as compared to its average volume of 2.49M shares. The Average Daily Trading Volume (ADTV) demonstrates trading activity related to the liquidity of the security. When Ave Volume tends to increase, it shows enhanced liquidity. But when Ave Volume is lower, the security will tend to be cheap as people are not as keen to purchase it. Hence, it might have an effect on the worth of the security.
The stock has turned around 12.14% yearly, so it gives a chance to investors, traders, shareholders and stakeholders to take a look at the complete situation of the market. The stock has come back -48.18% weekly shift, because it was maintained at -41.85% in the one month period. Hence, this depicts the stock’s weekly as well as monthly performance. The market capitalization of the corporation settled $322.60M whereas it’s P/B Ratio was 6.41. By using the P/B Ratio methodology, you can compare the value of stock market to its book value. For a smooth stock market functioning, the P/B Ratio must be high and vice versa. Financial investors own 5.40% stake in the business, while Beta Factor, which is generally used to evaluate the riskiness of the security, was moved 2.69.
Meanwhile, shares of the company were making trade -40.00% away from the 20-days SMA and -4.28% away from the 200-days SMA. Currently, the stock is trading -49.03% ahead of its 52-week high and 69.73% beyond its 52-week low. In the meantime, the Catalyst Pharmaceuticals’s 14-day RSI was settled at 33.44.